Our new math textbook for grades 6, 7, and 8 is through Pearson.
Here is how to log into the platform:
1) If you are on a Chrome book, log in. If you are on a different computer, open up a Google search browser and
sign into your account.
2) Go to the home page at www.carsoncityschools.com
3) Scroll down and look for the “Quick Links” list on the left side of the screen. Select “Digital Education.”
4) Select “Pearson realize.”
5) Once the Pearson EasyBridge opens, again select “Pearson realize” in the bottom right under “learning systems.”
Here is how you see the book and assignments:
6) You should now see three circles.
a. To see the textbook, open “Programs,” then select the unit and section that you want information on.
This is also where you will find relevant help videos.
b. To see student assignments open classes and review each of the three tabs:
i. Assigned – are assignments that have not yet been attempted.
ii. In Progress – are assignments that have been started, but not completed or submitted.
iii. Completed – are assignments that have been finished and are graded.
Helpful information about assignments:
7) Types of assignments:
a. Math XL – these assignments allow you to open and redo them for additional. When you are in the
program, there is a “Question Help” button in the upper right. That button has
1. Help me solve this – where the program walks you through solving the actual question,
but once done gives the student a new question to answer.
2. View an example – where the program walks you through a similar question so that you
understand how to do the actual question.
3. Video – provides links to helpful videos for this section.
4. Math Tools – provides online tools that students can use to solve the problems such as
integer chips, a calculator, and graphing tools.
b. Math XL Additional Practice – these assignments match up with a worksheet in the additional practice
workbook. Students MUST show work in order to receive credit on these assignments, but should
always practice showing work to earn partial credit.
c. Vocabulary pages don’t have a grade attached to them on Pearson, but students use the online form to
complete work in class.
d. Lesson Quiz – these assignments cannot be redone on the computer. See the teacher for options for
redoing these assignments.
e. Mid-Topic Assessment and Topic Assessments are the tests. Again, these cannot be redone online, but
additional credit can be earned so ask your teacher what their process is.
8) When you are done with an assignment, you must select the “submit” button for the grade to appear.
9) You can view how you did on each question by opening up the assignment.
For specific help options see your teacher:
Each math teacher at EVMS has tutoring hours and ways of correcting work for more credit. Please talk to your teacher
to make plans for improvement if you are struggling.
Regular Bell Schedule
Early Release (No Advisory)
Minimum Day (No Advisory or Lunch)
1 Hour Delay (No Advisory)
2 Hour Delay (No Advisory)
School Phone Number
4151 east 5th Street
P.O. Box 603
4151 east 5th Street
P.O. Box 603
2006 6:58AM Roll Out
2006 7:05AM Hillview & Kingsley
2006 7:06AM Koontz & Bigelow
2006 7:07AM Bigelow & Clearview
2006 7:08AM Appion & Muldoon
2006 7:09AM Hillview & Clearview
2006 7:10AM Valley View & Hillview
2006 7:16AM Colorado & Pinebrook
2006 7:24AM Eagle Valley Middle School
2201 7:12AM Seeliger Elementary School
2201 7:15AM Sonoma & Halleck
2201 7:17AM Kingsley & Halleck
2201 7:27AM Eagle Valley Middle School
2331 6:46AM Roll Out *
2331 6:55AM Empire Ranch Rd. & Hwy 50 East
2331 6:57AM Frontier & Hwy 50 East
2331 7:01AM 501 N Deer Run Rd
2331 7:03AM Deer Run & Sedge
2331 7:04AM Pinio Hills & Laurel
2331 7:06AM Pinion Hills & Artemesia
2331 7:10AM Eagle Valley Middle School
2331 7:13AM Eagle Valley MS (Lower Gate)
2331 7:18AM Carson High School
2337 7:05AM Roll Out
2337 7:11AM Baker & Lander
2337 7:12AM Baker & Sonoma
2337 7:14AM Baker & Armory
2337 7:23AM Eagle Valley Middle School
2514 6:40AM Roll Out
2514 6:48AM Lompa & DeAnn
2514 6:50AM Damon & Conte
2514 6:51AM Sinbad & Conte
2514 6:52AM Conte & Clearview
2514 6:53AM Heidi Circle (south)
2514 6:54AM Conte & Bennett
2514 6:57AM Conte & Snyder
2514 6:59AM Race Track & Schultz
2514 7:01AM Rabe Way & Coffey
2514 7:02AM Rabe Way & Center
2514 7:03AM Center & Clear Creek
2514 7:04AM Barrington & Dat-So-La-Lee
2514 7:06AM Silver Sage & Appion
2514 7:09AM Silver Sage & Clearview
2514 7:10AM Center & Koontz
2514 7:20AM Eagle Valley Middle School